Thursday, September 08, 2005

Across the Bar

Sunset, and Evening Star,
And one clear call for me.
And may there be no moaning of the bar
When I put out to sea.
-Tennyson


We're leaving soon. Because of Operational Security, I don't want to say exactly when, but we'll be in country before too long. This will be my first deployment to a war zone, and hopefully this will serve to help my family and friends keep up with me. Part chronicle, part journal.

I don't have many goals or ambitions for the next year. I only hope I don't let my soldiers down. I only hope I don't let my battalion down. I don't care about a good report card; but these people are far too fine, and I am far too proud to serve with them, for me to fail them. I will nurture and support their mission. I will eat, sleep, and breathe their mission. I will not fail them.

I am going to go, now, and spend my last weekend with my wife, my dog and my cat. And my home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home