Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Deluge

And you could have it all:
My empire of dirt.
I will let you down.
I will make you hurt.
-Cash, "Hurt"

The rainy season has officially started. It suits my mood lately. Everybody has been asking me if I'm okay. Apparently I look vaguely angry or upset. Apparently I am expected to be happy that I'm stymied at every turn by the very people who are supposedly supporting me. Apparently I'm supposed to let my soldiers get every stupid detail that comes up and smile about it. Apparently I should accept the fact that because we're the best platoon, we get treated the worst.
Anyway, the rainy season is here. It has been pouring snakes and pitchforks for the last two or three days. It is supposed to last for a couple of months. I wonder how much water this place can take before it floods the whole FOB. We'll have to swim from place to place.
My dog lost his last baby tooth, according to my wife. I guess he's all grown up now. I miss him. I miss them all.
My warrant officer and I play Halo in the evenings sometimes. That helps relieve a little bit of tension, I guess. I wish I could get a day or two off, though. That would be great.I usually like the rain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home